The Regional Manager Consulting Services will provide key account management, leadership, direction, and development of company personnel while maintaining some billable utilization. This employee is a subject matter expert (SME) and key account manager for clients in a specified region as defined by the General Manager or designee. This employee will have some billable technical responsibilities for part time projects as assigned.
- Senior-level position.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more areas
- Thinks analytically and acts decisively.
- Acts as a project lead.
- Plans, schedules, and manages complex projects.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and supervision, as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing technical input into training modules, review and approval of technical documents for consultants.
- Reviews and advises on consultants’ work including determination of appropriate resources for new and existing projects.
- Immediately deployable site lead for new clients in region to start new project work at client sites and provide oversight to site leads during project execution.
- Act as interim site lead during times of transition to minimize impact of personnel changes due to turnover or leaves of absence.
- Client relationship manager and point of contact for up to 10 clients assigned by General Manager or designee.
- Performance Manager for first level Performance Managers and Individual Contributors as necessary.
- Prepare and present technical content/presentations to new and existing clients.
- Provide industry expertise and share insight to influence the direction of the business.
- Cultivate new leads both from those initiated from Sales Org and through own network and experience.
- Support business needs as defined by General Manager or designee.
- Provide support to General Manager for AG financial responsibilities including ongoing budgeting and forecasting, growth strategy definition, implementation and metrics
- Support processes for consulting business to develop and maintain SOPs
- Support continual assessment of organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide input and insight into creation of core competencies, SWOT and definition of and implementation of metrics
- Continuously monitor financial health of the assigned business and assist with definition and implementation of tools and metrics for financial health
- Works on billable assignments with urgency and satisfies customer needs.
- Provides technical assistance to other AZNC team members and client staff.
- Actively participates in the mentoring, training of junior engineers and development of internal company policies and procedures.
- Leads project meetings, establishing order and prioritization of activities.
- Performs Business development work as necessary to procure additional work at their site as well as additional clients.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and guidelines including the FDA, EPA, and OSHA.
- Complies with all AZNC and client site policies and procedures.
- Successfully completes job-training requirements.
- Individuals must represent AZNC at client sites and interact confidently with clients, contractors, management and peers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to form a team, establish processes, timelines, objectives, create / manage Gantt charts, and manage processes, meetings and personnel goals.
- Ability to oversee the work of subordinates and contractors while maintaining critical project schedules.
- Strong understanding of various regulatory and cGMP regulations and documentation practices.
- Demonstrated expertise in many aspects of project management and validation is expected.
- Ability to interpret and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, mathematical or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Highly motivated and organized, solutions oriented leader.
- Ensures activities are efficient, optimized and client-centric.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle competing deadlines.
- BS degree in Engineering, Science, or equivalent technical degree.
- 10+ years’ experience in a regulated, manufacturing environment within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Proven track record of leading teams.
- Must possess business acumen.
- Prior experience in consulting operations, supporting internal and/or external clients.