New Jersey Area
Technical Lead/Senior Engineer to work at client site and perform Network/Infrastructure projects including Data Center and Enterprise site level build-outs, as well as, provide direction and oversight in organizing, supporting and completing projects, including all ports involving core and access switch refresh. He/she plans, directs and coordinates the activities and serves as technical point-of-contact for operations, updating client and staff on status of project and engineering efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Key duties include:
- Handles and manages diverse Network and Infrastructure design and build projects, and serves as a technical resource providing project/staff updates and direction.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Project/Client network, applications, standards, and practices and provides ongoing client and staff technical consultations and support.
- Develops, updates and provides ongoing project plans, procedures, reports and other documentation as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science MIS/IT/Engineering or equivalent work experience; Certifications e.g. PMP, CCNP, CMNA, desirable
- 7+ years hands-on technical network-computing/data center infrastructure experience, etc. including serving as a technical lead/senior engineer or PM.
- Experience managing projects including routers, switches, Core & Access switch refresh, firewalls, protocols, VPN, and Data Center & MDF/IDF build outs, in med/large enterprises (>1000 network endpoints).
- Flexible, self-motivated, results-oriented; enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management and communication skills to work effectively with all staff and drive projects to success
- High level proficiency with MS Office:Word, Access, Excel, PPT