Pre-sales engineers collaborate with the sales support or account team by acting as technical experts in customer presentations. In addition, they determine the technical requirements to meet client goals and act as liaison between the organization’s sales/business development and engineering groups. They also respond to requests for information or requests for proposals from customers, supplying the technical details of proposed solutions. Pre-sales engineers then must coordinate the transition between pre-sales specifications and implementation engineering once contracts have been awarded.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration
- Five years of industry experience, including two or more years in sales engineering or consulting
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Positive, service-oriented personality
- Willingness to travel