Our client, a global software solutions Leader, seeks a talented Project Manager, Networking, to provide technical direction and lead engineers in organizing, supporting and completing projects in multiple areas from research through implementation and maintenance. He/she plans, directs and coordinates the activities and serves as technical point-of-contact for program operations, updating management of the current status of projects and engineering efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the liaison between Engineers and Program management, working directly with client managers in charge of the components requesting support services.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of client network, applications, standards, and practices and provides support for business/proposal development, staff technical consultations with various client parties
- Develops and writes procedures, reports and other technical documentation, including white papers, on specific subjects within areas of technical expertise.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ MIS/IT/Information Technology and Project Management (PMP) & Cisco Certified Network Professsional(CCNP) certification
- Minimum 9 years Information Technology experience including 6 hands-on years networking/ telecom experience in fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with multiple network-computing hardware components including routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers, VPN, etc. and with enterprise policy design and deployment
- Flexible, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and management.
- Experience leading projects/staff within large network enterprises (>1000 network endpoints)