Our client, a global aerospace & defense technology company seeks a talented Network Engineer to plan and design new firewall and network security systems to protect the network from internal and external threats. The successful individual will evaluate potential network security products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs and test network security design, newly released equipment software and operating system for security vulnerabilities, making the necessary changes to mitigate the risk. This includes reviewing client network and practices and looking for opportunities to enhance network security functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven secure security platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for network security architecture, analyzes security device configurations and determines implementation requirements and strategies, plans and processes for rollouts/upgrades
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other documentation (specifications,/standards) for administering firewalls and Endpoint Profiler systems, including configuration of servers (DNS, NTP, SMTP) and load balancing equipment to support new features and functions.
- Provides daily monitoring/detection of potential treats and develop risk mitigation solutions including monitoring for opportunities to enhance the customer network security performance, reliability and/or customer service delivery practices
- Provides third-level technical support and troubleshooting for critical network and security problems,including providing guidance to team members, management and government clients
- Bachelors degree & ten years of IT related work experience, 8 of which in engineering complex network systems. A Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) or Accredited Configuration Engineer (ACE) certification is needed
- Two + yrs of experience with network security control systems including firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection, wireless, proxy server, VPN, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, IPSEC, 802.1x, audits, etc.
- Strong understanding of Cisco switches/routers and principle LAN/WAN technologies (Ethernet, IP routing, Multicast, DHCP, etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well IP routing protocols and implementation
- AIX Administration certification, Network engineering industry certification (Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP) are desirable
- Ability to periodically provide after-hours and weekend support