New Jersey Area
Our client, a global aerospace and defense technology company seeks a talent Network Architect to provide technical analysis in data center network planning, engineering, and design, as well as, implementation of techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems. The successful person will coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment, troubleshoot problems with department users/network administrators, and evaluate potential networking products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Validate enterprise-level network design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities/deficiencies and makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Review the customer's network looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures and develop advanced technological ideas, guiding their development into a final product.
- Analyze current networking device configurations and determine implementation requirements including specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.-
- Develop implementation strategies, plans and processes for a nationwide rollout/upgrade of the network equipment and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for administering the monitoring and performance measurement system
- Upgrade configuration of existing networking equipment to support new features and functions.and provide daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions
- Configure and maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN), Network Admission Control (NAC), Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), Cisco NEXUS, Cisco ASR and provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Bachelor's degree with 14 years of IT related work experience, Master's degree and 12 years of IT related work experience, or Doctorate and 9 years of IT related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in engineering complex network systems including Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, wireless LAN as well as the physical media/equipment associated with each.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Hands-on experience with Cisco NXOS;Cisco networks;Wide Area Network technologies; network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and SAN; IP routing protocols/implementations;public and private cloud networking services; CCIE OR CCDE