Azzur Group is looking for a Laboratory Manager to lead the start up of a Gene Therapy manufacturing space for a rare and ultra-rare disease client in the Cambridge, MA area! This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a start up organization while joining Azzur Group's growing team of consultants! This is a contract role with a high potential for conversion to full-time and future roles in the New England area. If you can deliver high-quality customer service and results while engaging in our fun and energetic culture; we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Oversee day to day operations of a new laboratory start up for a groundbreaking gene therapy client.
- Ensure that stock levels are appropriate to run the laboratory are maintained (critical reagents and components)
- Work with outside vendors to create stock rooms and Kaban systems for inventory management
- Proactively identify and maintain minimum requirements of reagents and components to ensure lab functions are not at risk.
- Manage the lab start up method validation schedule as well as the ongoing testing schedule to hit clinical program and product release timelines
- Summarize and present weekly lab reports to client leadership.
- Rapidly expand your career and expertise through diverse and fulfilling projects with Azzur Group!
- You have 7+ years of experience managing start up operations in a cGxP laboratory setting.
- Prior experience with Gene Therapy is a plus.
- You have Project Management experience in a laboratory setting with a a track record of a high attention to detail.
- You have experience working with external vendors and developing inventory management systems.
- Experience with laboratory start ups is a plus
- You have worked with Kaban and Just in Time (JIT) Manufacturing methodologies in a laboratory setting.
- You exemplify Azzur’s Core Values and have a passion for delivering reliable customer service to our clients
Who we are:
Azzur Group is a professional service company providing biotechnology and pharmaceutical clients with engineering, validation, CSV-IT, technical, and consulting services. At Azzur, we look to hire full-time consultants who deliver results to our valued clients while providing you the opportunity to develop and grow in the industry through diverse project assignments. Using our 4 Core Values as guidance, we expect all Azzur Employees to:
- Put Others First,
- Have the Courage to Take Action,
- Take Personal Responsibility, and
- Have Fun!
Fulltime Employment with Azzur can offer you:
- Flexible PTO
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401(k) match
- Bonus Eligibility
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Company provided laptop
Azzur Group is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diverse culture, ethnicity, gender and age in our workplace. We believe that promoting diversity plays an important role in developing top quality talent, fostering greater innovation and creativity, and enhancing our relationships with customers and the communities in which we operate.