Our client, a leader in the software industry, is looking for a Automation Engineers- DevOps focused to join there team in Herndon, Va for a long term engagement.
Automation Engineering ensures that client services, both internally and externally-visible systems, have reliability and uptime appropriate to customers’ needs in addition to a fast rate of improvement while maintaining an ever-watchful eye on security, capacity, and performance.
Automation Engineers are also creators of engineering and systems development. Much of our work focuses on optimizing existing systems, building secure cloud infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation. As Automation Engineers are responsible for the broad picture of how our various SaaS and PaaS products relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Post-mortem and proactive identification of potential issues factor into iterative improvement.
Automation Engineering’s culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness is key to its success. Our organization brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while also creating an environment that provides support and mentorship to learn and grow.
Behind everything our customers see, the systems built by the Automation Engineering team keep it running and keep their data safe. We make clients product portfolio possible. We’re always trying to keep our services up and running while also ensuring our customers have the best and safest possible experience.
- Engage in and improve the complete lifecycle of services inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through the process of developing automation, developing security frameworks, and planning continuous delivery cycles.
- Maintain services that are live by helping to measure and monitor availability, security, and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes in reliability, security, and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- C, C ++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or shell scripting.
- Experience with Unix / Linux operating system internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls, hardening) and networking (e.g., TCP / IP, routing, DNS, network topologies, SDN).
- U.S. Citizen
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability