New Jersey Area
Our client, a global software company, is seeking a Security Engineer to provide enterprise security management maintenance, and architecture of the IT Security Infrastructure for SaaS/IaaS Cloud-Computing platforms. This includes the installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, maintenance & monitoring, DDoS mitigation, intrusion prevention and detection lifecycles. The successful individual will ensure proper configuration of all cloud instances, and knowledge of relevant enterprise IDS/IPS, Splunk, Tripwire, Security Center (Tenable), Encryption and Monitoring Tools to support the requirements of FedRAMP compliant cloud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functions as a Infrastructure Cyber Security expert and Consultant to other Infrastructure groups
- Forecasts system capacity needs, prioritizes work based on departmental priorities and system criticality, functions as an inter/intra-group liaison, performs complex analysis, proactively identifies problems and makes recommendations regarding solutions, and maintains responsibility for end-user (customer) satisfaction.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to infrastructure systems, design, configuration, support and processes.
- Maintains reports on Security Systems utilization, availability and growth patterns.
- Plans and performs comprehensive systems analysis and design activities including development of detailed functional requirements for new information technology systems, applications or software
- Provides the in-depth knowledge of leading edge security tools and techniques for mitigating system vulnerabilities to include designing and deploying HIDS, NIDS and related tool sets.
- Deploys and manages a network and security operations command center to include operation of firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and 24x7 monitoring of these networks.
- Provide advices on integrating information security technology programs & functions to meet the needs of the Cloud Enterprise
- Assesses application/web architectures/operating systems for vulnerabilities and develops security countermeasures.
- Conducts research, cost-benefit and return-on-investment analysis on proposed hardware, software and systems to justify recommendations, support purchasing efforts and infrastructure/architecture design decisions.
- Investigates failures to find the root cause and drives resolution.
- Conducts vulnerability/application scanning and Security audits of all cloud environments or environmental updates
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or any other applicable field with at least 3 years in Information Security, Information Technology, or related technical discipline; Prior experience in a similar Engineer, Lead or Architect role
- Proficiency in UNIX; Basic Scripting: Perl, Python, Shell
- Demonstrated experience and subject matter knowledge in cyber and information security for applications, web architectures, operating systems, databases, and networks (not all required). Includes experience developing, evaluating, and implementing cyber and information security technologies, standards, and practices to secure applications and IT systems.
- Mastery of Encryption, Mechanisms/Techniques & Applications; Security Controls;Network Intrusion Detection;Configuration/ Firewall Management;System Security Configurations;Patch Management; & Network Infrastructure Security.
- Infrastructure and Orchestration/Automation Experience preferred: Tripwire, IDS and IPS sensor tuning, Splunk, TrendMicro, McAfee ePO, HSM, and WAF.
- At least 1 professional industry certification in area of expertise not limited to: CISSP (Preferred), AWS Certificate (Preferred), Cloud Security Certification, Vendor certification (e.g. CCNA)
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to meet stringent deadlines; manage and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, technical knowledge, and practical application of cyber and information security principles to business leaders and technical staff